Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » The Afformentioned Coyote is Free « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 791
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story .aspx?content_id=bf44a0a6-9c2e -48a4-8b01-3adb3c1595f2

Apparently the city does treasure wildlife to some extent.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 676
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's good news. I had a feeling it would turn out this way. The city doesn't look good killing the coyote when it's so easy to turn it over to the Humane Society, especially when Chicago faced the same situation.

Spaceboykelly
Username: Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 224
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goddamnit!
This is just going to send a message to all the wildlife that it is okay to come to Detroit. Next thing you know the CBD will be overrun with coyotes, badgers, and bears. I'm calling Stephen Colbert.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5785
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAY!!! The coyote is free.

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Clearly this coyote is from the suburbs, and used his influence to escape justice. Typical for us damned suburbanites, even our wildlife is given preferential treatment. Besides, he was probably just in the city to buy drugs, dump a car to report it stolen or (insert whatever else the damned suburbanites are usually accused of doing).
You KNOW if this coyote had been from the city, he would be dead by now.

The only way to prevent this from happening again and to protect the innocent citizens of Detroit? The answer is obvious: Detroit needs a moat to protect itself from the coyotes and other evil-doing suburbanites who seek to do them harm.

Won't someone please think of the Detroiters?!

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 204
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, it was the state DNR that stepped in and said that it could be retrained to return to wild. So, she's being sent to a DNR-licensed rescue center in Oxford for retraining. I've very pleased because those sad eye can REALLY get to me.

She does have better taste than the Chicago one because I'm sure she passed several Quiznos's before she got to Lafayette Coney!

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mtm, you couldn't be more right about those eyes!

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 611
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Detroit needs a moat to protect itself from the coyotes and other evil-doing suburbanites who seek to do them harm."

Not a bad idea... One for 8 Mile and Telegraph.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 952
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My dog has a coyote disposition about her. Coyotes seem more close in the evolution chain to domestic dogs then wolves.

Redvetred
Username: Redvetred

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was this one of the coyotes that were roaming around the Grosse Pointe golf course a couple of weeks ago? Must have run out of food. Plenty of deer in the Oxford area to feed it in the future.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 802
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was joking about that earlier. I honestly have no idea.

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 476
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope they don't release the damn thing out this way! I shoot Coyotes on sight. Far too many trips to the vet (They don't exactly like dogs) and more missing chickens than I care to remember.

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 316
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The coyote is an undercover op. sent by those warring Livonians'

Wally
Username: Wally

Post Number: 263
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was so nice of you to lift everyone's spirits about this topic in this thread, Johnnnnnnnny5.

Johnnny5

Post Number: 477
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No problem Wally. =)

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 3007
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After all, the dog catchers don't euthanize the wild birds that infest and shit all over downtown.

Johnnny5

Post Number: 479
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel much better now, it looks like they released the yote in New Jersey instead of Milford.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18 054490/

Waxx
Username: Waxx

Post Number: 111
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good God Almighty! I guess the roadrunner isn't good enough for Wile E. Coyote anymore.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.