Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » History query - biz schools in the D « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2018
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ran across a letter between family members and think the date is somewhere between, say, 1895 and 1905. One of the brothers is reportedly attending a business school in Detroit.

Which school might it have been?

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 387
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmmm, good question. Lewis didnt start until the 20's...

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 192
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DCB is "140+" according to the Davenport website.

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3243
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was a Detroit Business Institute on Cass at Michigan, where the modern addition to the Michigan Bell Headquarters now stands.

The Detroit Business Institute was located at Grand River and Park Place, southwest corner.

I don't know when either school was established, but they were there before WWI.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 819
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"There was a Detroit Business Institute on Cass at Michigan, where the modern addition to the Michigan Bell Headquarters now stands.

The Detroit Business Institute was located at Grand River and Park Place, southwest corner.

I don't know when either school was established, but they were there before WWI."

There still around today at Greenfield Plaza on Greenfield and 8 Mile in Sotuhfield (across from Northland).

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 775
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"attending a business school in Detroit" At the university level, I take it? The University of Michigan was moved out of the city by then, University of Detroit was around, but I doubt at that point they had a separate business school. A good guess might be Wayne State.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.