Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Old Detroit High School Question. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 227
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 7:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know the name of the old high school that was located at Mack and East Grand Blvd., and the year it was demolished? Thanks in advance.

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 487
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The school was the old Eastern High School. Martin Luther King HS was built as a replacement. The old building continued to be used under a different name (John Dancy) and with a different program for several years after Eastern moved out. I'm not sure of the year it was torn down.

Grandpamike
Username: Grandpamike

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Footnote: Eastern High athletes were Indians, and Western High athletes were Cowboys.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 842
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My grandfather attended Eastern.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2220
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So did my grandfather...class of 1910!!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.