Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Flagstar Bank « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 274
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where is their regional/national HQ? I know they want to make an impression in SW Michigan, and wouldn't a nice gesture be to relocated your regional HQ downtown? I have always though the David Whitney building would be idea for a bank, due to the lobby and the exposure with a sign they would get from Comerica Park. However, the DW may not be big enough anyway...but I have no clue how many white collar worker they have.

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 488
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

flagstar is headquartered in troy.

http://www.flagstar.com/inside /index.jsp

i doubt they would. Their current headquarters looks pretty new by the picture there, and there really wouldn't be much benefit in it for them. Besides, it may be a nice gesture towards downtown, but doesn't help the region as a whole.

Jerrytimes
Username: Jerrytimes

Post Number: 42
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was thinking the same for 5/3rd bank. They seem to be popping up everywhere in Michigan and from what I've heard want Michigan to be their biggest state. I could be wrong but I think their headquarters is in Ohio.

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 275
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5/3 would make a nice addition downtown as well. I understand it would not be a big "plus" for the region, but I have to say that it would be for Detroit, as it brings more positive attention on companies who see a future downtown.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 840
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, these guys aren't like Comerica, to just jump up and leave their dedicated regions for the money.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.