Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit photos and opinions on local BMX blog « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tkangas_23
Username: Tkangas_23

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a link to a site my friend is woring on. He rides his BMX all over Detroit and has taken some interesting photos and so forth.
Search around, there's some good photography to be seen.

http://www.life-withaquestionm ark.blogspot.com/

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 784
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A photo of railroad engines and a pile of railroad ties that is somehow supposed to summarize Detroit?

Overwrought text that tries to compare Detroit with Baghdad and trots out the tired old "no blood for oil" canard?

A photo of a BMXer abusing a dead animal?

My advice to others is don't waste your time by clicking on that link.

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 2151
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to agree with Tkangas and disagree with Mikeg, there's some good photography on the site. While it's not earth shatteringly good with the Detroit photos (there are a lot of really good photographers doing Detroit) the BMX stuff is really good as are many of the other topics.

The insights aren't necessarily profound either, but the blogger is well traveled and worldly, much more than you'd think a stereotypical BMXer would be.

Thanks for bringing this blog to our attention Tkangas!

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1923
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for your endorsement, Bvos. I might have missed it otherwise.

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 268
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just bought a used dirt jumper and seeing 'em ride the dirt trails gets me goin.

Pretty good stuff on the first page. Pretty much skipped over the foreign posts. Liked the shot of him receiving some Candian Club a lot. Beautiful background.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 301
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

An inspiration. Makes me want to learn BMXing and especially want to learn photography.

Tkangas_23
Username: Tkangas_23

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's more pics of detroit if you scroll down to the bottom of the first page and click on "Older Posts",then scroll down until you reach "Paris of the West"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.