Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Mary Waters Victory Party at Fuddruckers NOW! « Previous Next »
Archive through August 06, 2008Foosie30 08-06-08  1:57 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1563
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 2:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just got back from Fudruckers, it was a pretty sedate gathering all evening. About 30 supporters, all expressing their sincere desire the strangle Martha Scott.

Sam Riddle was holding court in his signature avuncular way, and Mary was quite poised all evening. She seemed concerned, but thankful for all the support she did receive and while she did not concede she did say that whatever the outcome, she would respect the vote of the people.

All in all, it was the mildest victory party I've ever attended.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 399
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still love ya, Gnome..I retract my motion to smack.
:-)

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 423
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Change the narrative. Kilpatrick didn't win anything tonight, if anything she grossly underperformed given her money, influence, and name recognition.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 400
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup mama Cheeks would have gotten her ass handed to her in a two-candidate race with the percentages she pulled..nowhere near her previous marks. Sorta makes me wonder if Martha Scott has collected her thirty pieces of silver yet, and whether that gets directly drawn from Cheek's war chest, or does it need to be laundered by Kwame & associates first?

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 264
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really, can Mary Waters run as an independent in the general election?

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1564
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 2:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doug, thanx for not smacking me.

There has been a long history of bad-blood between Scott and the entire Kilpatrick Klan, so I seriously doubt Ms. Scott was paid by CCK to got in the race. Ya never know, but Martha Scott doesn't fit the profile of a judas goat.

No love here for Ms Scott. I think she's a kook, a buffoon, a pandering pustule of political posturing; just not a Quisling.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1378
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 6:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only real question is what criminal activity Kwame's mommy undertook to steal the election (like her son's surprise victory a few years ago).

We expected the electricity to go off as noted above but I don't see any reporting of it.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7585
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 7:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YOU LOST MARY WATERS!

Checks Kilpatrick had WON again! See you at the general election

CHECKS KILPARTICK for the 13th state representative 2008.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7981
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great job Detroit! You have spoken, and we hear you loud and clear: the kleptocracy is fine by you! In fact, we need MORE Kilpatrick friends and family in government if we are really going to flush this city down the toilet in style.

quote:

"It was a close race and it came down to the wire, but there's only one winner," she said. "I'll be your congresswoman until I decide to retire."

You hear that? She doesn't even NEED your votes. She will be in office until SHE decides to retire.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1767
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

You hear that? She doesn't even NEED your votes. She will be in office until SHE decides to retire.

Yeah I noticed that too, that's basically saying she'll be here until she CHOOSES to leave.

Richard_bak
Username: Richard_bak

Post Number: 190
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe that's called rubbing your face in it. And she's probably right---she'll decide when it's time to leave.

Deteamster
Username: Deteamster

Post Number: 147
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm actually pretty impressed with the results...this is a woman who would have run unchallenged for the rest of her career, as she has for the greater part of the decade.

I was actually probably going to vote for her up until a week ago, given her clout for getting money to the district.

Stop blaming Detroit voters, at least this once. This time, I think they/we did okay. If Scott didn't run, Butt-Cheeks would have been trounced. If she did this piss-poorly and isn't even directly involved in the scandal, I think this translates into just how many people are really fed up about Kwame. Detroit occupies by far the largest percentage of people of the district, so don't be so quick to cheer on the folks at the yacht club(GP) or bowling alley(downriver).

In my district, that forgettable U of Pheonix attendee Ajene lost by leaps and bounds. Kwame's boy in SW lost pretty bad too.

My biggest qualm: her arrogance. They're incorrigible. She's a wicked, nasty woman, to be sure.

The people of Detroit have spoken: you were not elected by a majority, Butt-Cheeks. Remember that. And stop playing the race card you bitch. So like you and your crime family.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1657
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard that Mary Waters doesn't even live in the district.

Maybe that is one of the reasons she lost. Maybe Scott's votes would have reverted back to Kilpatrick. Maybe Waters was a weak candidate?

I find it odd that voter fraud, split ticket, and general scheming are the first things many people bring up.

I mean...look at Mary Waters. She had her celebratory rally at Fuddruckers. Come on.

Mortageking that is one of the best photoshops I've ever seen on here.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7984
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or maybe because Kilpatrick spent $500,000 (of what was probably your tax money at some point) to Waters' $10,000?

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I cannot believe that she said that...

Waters, run independent in the fall!

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 246
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not all is lost. CK must still run against Gubics in November.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1760
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn does have a point about Waters the candidate. She isn't very inspiring and didn't capitalize on her chances when on TV. Kwame mommy got very lucky that her main challenger lacked in the charisma dept.

Richard_bak

Post Number: 202
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unless Gubics can somehow convince Honda and Toyota to build new assembly plants in the district AND produces video footage of Butt-Cheeks slowly smothering a litter of new-born kittens with her Super-Sonic-Size bra, I'd say he's pretty much toast.

Melody
Username: Melody

Post Number: 254
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^ Hilarious.

Are you Richard Bak the author?

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6189
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL! at Richard Bak.

It's true, though. Kilpatrick is in one of the many, many safe districts when it comes to general election time. Gubics might as well not even run. lol

Now, Waters as an independent candidate could very well have a fighting chance. That is, if Waters was an inspiring to go along with the "anyone but Kilpatrick" movement. I think it's been proven time and time again that "anyone but ____" movements need to also have a candidate that they can also vote for.

BTW, I'm not fan of Cheeks-Kilpatrick, but am I the only one off-put and disturbed by the "if we can't get the son, we'll get his mother" ideology? I find it beyond petty and ultimately illogical.

(Message edited by lmichigan on August 06, 2008)

Richard_bak

Post Number: 214
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm Richard Bak the ex-factory rat (see the other post re factory experiences). I also write a little.

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 3009
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Cheeks Kilpatrick goes back to Washington in November, this should be a wake-up call to her. Folks in Detroit and suburbs are listening and watching. If she doesn't improve in her seventh term, people will not hesitate to vote her out next time. 61% of her district voted against her in the primary. That's a sign right there that folks are fed up.

Yes, I do think attacking the mother of the embattled son is not fully right, but she had the chance to encourage her son to do the right thing and RESIGN so that Michigan would not be an embarassment in the international spotlight. She knew Kwame was corrupt and continued to accept his lies, adultery, and arrogance in the name of political power, the Kilpatrick clan. Again, what has she done for her district besides chair the Congressional Black Caucus and sit on the House Appropriations Committee? I know Congress works on a seniority level but if she hasn't done anything for her district (no one knows where the money went), she is a no-good leader. This could have all been avoided. She is partially guilty for her son's wrongdoings too.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7586
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of KING KWAME'S QUEEN MOTHER KILPATRICK is back in action in her 13th district kingdom. She rules all, GOD SAVE THE QUEEN, LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.

Richard_bak

Post Number: 215
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Melody---you're not my nephew Jeremy's friend, are you?

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote from Lmichigan: "BTW, I'm not fan of Cheeks-Kilpatrick, but am I the only one off-put and disturbed by the "if we can't get the son, we'll get his mother" ideology? I find it beyond petty and ultimately illogical."

Lmichigan, I completely agree with you in theory, that a person should not be held accountable for what someone else does.

However, the extenuating circumstances in this case make me look at it differently. As I mentioned on another thread, CCK's son has been indicted on eight felony counts, her daughter ran a questionable "charity" that gave the majority of its money to the people running the charity (including Ayanna and Carlita), her son-in-law is a recently-released felon, and her ex-husband is now being investigated by the FBI.

Given all that, I find it increasingly difficult to believe that she is not corrupt as well. There is corruption all around her, but we're supposed to believe that she is (a) completely innocent and (b) completely unaware of everything that her family is doing. I'm just not buying it -- she's probably the one that taught her kids how to skim a little off the top.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6191
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 2:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure I necessarily disagree that it seems possible that she's corrupt, but I'm not sure I'd go into all of the personal insinuations (i.e. she taught her children to cheat and steal, etc...) I guess everyone chooses who and what they vote on, I'd just wish that if she's an ineffective representative for the 13th district that that would be the reason to oust her. All of the other stuff is assumption and insinuation unless/until she can be linked to her family's shady dealings. I don't think that's being naive, but being fair. I can tell you, for instance, that I certainly didn't hold Bill Clinton's issues against his wife during the primaries.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 3055
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"We need a run-off election system"

Nationwide - its our only hope.

Melody

Post Number: 256
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Melody---you're not my nephew Jeremy's friend, are you?"

Yes! I write a little too :-)

English
Username: English

Post Number: 766
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, your hope is to get a viable challenger next time. If not, people in the city (especially the elderly) are going to go with the "devil they know".

You also can't underestimate the # of the electorate in the 13th that feels CCK's pain -- many elderly Detroit women have children and other relatives that have had run-ins with the law, and have felt the stigma and embarassment. They may not feel that CCK was responsible for the mess her son made of things when she handed him a political career on a silver platter.

NOT saying I necessarily agree -- just explaining the mindset.

Richard_bak

Post Number: 223
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Melody B??
I miss seeing you at the occassional family gathering. That Jeremy!

Keep up the good work. I can say I know a famous writer!

Melody

Post Number: 257
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you! :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.