Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » WHY? » Archive through January 01, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Folks....putting 2 & 2 together here; the facts will (hopefully) be brought out at trial.

Oak Park Police Officer attempts to cut juvenile offender (and himself) a break; take teenager to a responsible adult in Oak Park - rather than get him back to Detroit.

Officer does not inform Dispatch, nor does he place offender in handcuffs.

Officer transports juvenile to nearby apartment complex for the purpose of transferring custody to adult relative; unfortunately...nobody is home.

At that point, Officer is dealing with an offender who is unrestrained and emotionally upset about being remanded to Detroit juvenile lockup; he's been there before - it is hell on Earth.

A scuffle ensues - the rest of the story is sad history.

I have personally dealt with identical situations in the past; the difference being - my detainee was in handcuffs.

Kingofdetroit
Username: Kingofdetroit

Post Number: 122
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chuckjav I can see your logic on how it went down. Regardless. You should be taught to at least respect the police. That is his parents fault. Someone who probably shouldn't have had a kid in the first place. Obviously. Unfortunately the damage is done and they(him and his dumb parents) should be removed from society IMHO. Who's to say his mother won't get knocked up again and raise the exact same type of kid again. Or her current other kids. They're like poison. Get them out now.

Yeah that may sound cruel and cold. But how would you like it if it was your family member or loved one was the one who got in the way of that kid.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 637
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan needs to bring back the Death Penalty! I don't want my tax dollars to go toward supporting this killer in prison.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 894
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bring back? the state of michigan has never had the death penalty. in fact:
quote:

...1847 when the State of Michigan officially became the first English-speaking territory in the world to abolish the death penalty.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 706
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These situations are getting a little bit old. Someone shoots a high profile victim and the forum world bashes civilization. End.

Nowhere does any significant size group of people attempt to find a solution to the needless killing.

The scariest thought that comes to my mind is that this kid probably doesn't know the difference between actions and consequences. And there are thousands more of these type of youths running the streets of Metropolitan Detroit who would do the same without hesitation. These undereducated and brainwashed children have a new mentality that the general public does not comprehend yet, and through that misunderstanding, this terrible violence will only continue. It will most likely intensify as well, yet we forumers (yes me too) can only sit back and berate the criminals from afar.

I personally wish I knew how to motivate the public like milestones who came before us. People that made a difference. Speakers who captivated audiences and moved the masses towards popular opinions that bettered the world.

This young idiot won't even begin to understand the consequences of his actions until he has been locked up from life for a long period of time. And who's to say that won't enrage him even more. That it won't create more anger and resentment towards society itself, the original victim that suffers from these type of crimes.

There are way too many contributors to this typical problem, and everyday there is less reason to convince me that the problem is being dealt with. Very sad.

Chuckjav

Post Number: 1317
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kingofdetroit...Right-On.

Sadly, the offender will get hooked-up with an attorney that will spin some sort of justification into the horrendous deed; putting partial blame on the deceased Officer.

Even more disgusting will be the defense attorney's claim: "had the Officer not met an unfortunate demise, he would have been cited/sanctioned by his superiors".

This will be an ugly court proceeding.

Kingofdetroit
Username: Kingofdetroit

Post Number: 124
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Tkshreve your are correct. It would be great if all good people could find time to role model. Especially in inner cities. Who would the inner city black communities listen to and seriously take to heart though? TI? Obama? Cosby?

I will say that I partially blame guns for this too. Sure it's just a tool but if it wasn't holstered on his person(like in England) that cop might be alive. I'm fine with non lethal weapons.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 200
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul...body language speaks volumes. If I, or anyone I know, my children, friends, etc were in handcuffs, in court, accused of killing ANYONE, they would be distraught, upset, emotional,etc. Not looking annoyed with the whole thing. I don't even know how to respond to you, ( and usually don't ) you are so obviously full of yourself and misguided.

Savannah
Username: Savannah

Post Number: 95
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All his family has to do is wait about 20 years and start coercing witnesses if there are any, and they'll give him a new trial. It's almost impossible to try a murder case after 20 years. That's what Troy Anthony Davis did here after he killed Officer McPhail.

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"bring back? the state of michigan has never had the death penalty."

Not true. Michigan became a state in 1837. You can't abolish what you didn't have. I don't believe in the death penalty but no minds are going to be changed by debating it here so I won't start.

Scooter2k7
Username: Scooter2k7

Post Number: 176
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

blksoul here let me spell this out for you because you are obviously not getting it:

HE KILLED A POLICE OFFICER

There now hopefully you will understand it better. These young black Africans need to take some responsibility in their lives. So don't sit there and try to justify what this punk did. A baby girl will never know her father, but thats ok, because the shooter is black and well, we don't have to take any responsibility or show remorse. He should be flogged and hanged in a public square! EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 329
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From Channel 4 clickondetroit:
"Local 4 has learned Belton has a criminal history and successfully completed probation on a misdemeanor assault charge in Wayne County."

"I'm shocked. He's a good kid. That's out of his character," said Belton's aunt, Lodonn Nash.

Shocked?

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 201
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess the Belton family has a diferent definition of "good kid" huh? Maybe you are considered a good kid until you kill someone? What shall we call him now?

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 708
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^An adult^^^

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 890
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen Tkshreve.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One thing about police officers/fireman is they do a great job of paying tribute to their fallen men/woman. It's hard not to be moved seeing police cars from all over the state, Canada, and throughout the Midwest when a Michigan police officer/fireman is killed.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 976
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoulx,
Did you wait for Officers Nevers and Butzen to have a fair trial before you judged them guilty?

I've often wondered why people are quik to rush to judgement when cops are doing their job and someone dies. You always hear how they should hang for it, but when a useless punk kills a cop, well, let's not rush to judge.

What double standards we have...

I bet if the situation were reversed and the little thug was killed, some would be leading the charge to nail the cop.

Flyingj
Username: Flyingj

Post Number: 381
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chuckjav, this will change whatever procedures he was operating under, dead policemen or court rulings are the only things that do that, like out here in Newhall;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C alifornia_Highway_Patrol#Newha ll_Incident

Novine, Rsa is sorta correct-Michigan was well ready for Statehood in 1835-36? but the Democrats sought to punish Michigan(the more things change...) over toledo 'til 1837 so there was a 2-year gap where it wasn't a territory but wasn't a state....
http://www.dnutt.com/articles/ toledwar.htm

Thank God there's no death penalty or else Detroit would be unlivable

Chuckjav

Post Number: 1324
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flyingj...thank you for the case information.
God Bless those brave men and women of law enforcement; putting their lives on the line - a very thin blue line.

Pkbroch
Username: Pkbroch

Post Number: 216
Posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Picked up my grandson in Lansing this morning Was on 696-96 at approx 9:30 am. Saw police cars from Dearborn, Dearborn Heights,Farmington, Warren, Sterling Heights, and many other departments going to the funeral.

They all got off on the Brighton exit. A fitting tribute to the great police working out there.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tkshreve

quote:

Nowhere does any significant size group of people attempt to find a solution to the needless killing.

That's because no one will like the solution. the solution is not to let the ignorant mother fuckers who raise pieces of shit like this to have children. I am sorry for the harsh language but I feel very strongly about these worthless wastes of space. We need to licence people to have children in this country. There are way to many unfit people just squirting out new kids everyday. I see everyday at work people already with 5 or 6 kids receiving public assistance obviously can't afford the kids they already have thinking it is a bright idea to have a couple more. Why the hell not they aren't paying for them? It is a cycle of poverty which keeps people in these desperate situations and lets face it desperate people do some stupid things.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 330
Posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oak Park Public Safety Director John McNeilance, speaking during the service today, said that police officers have to deal with a “subculture of juvenile violence and disrespect” of authority and “human life.”

It seems that this is no longer a "subculture", but the commonly accepted norm. Caring parents as role models have been replaced by rap performers, diamond wearing drug peddlers, a philandering mayor, and irresponsible adults who refer to teenagers with rap sheets as "good kids".

Somebidder1
Username: Somebidder1

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and there are people on THIS thread who seem to think that Detroit parents are doing an okey-dokey job of raising their kids.

The member who talks about street cred being more important to Detroiters? This kid is exhibit A of why thats wrong, and Kwame is exhibit B.

Detroiters with kids need to GROW A PAIR and stand up to their kids - granted, a lot of suburbanites do too...I would have gotten my butt beat 12 ways from Sunday if I had even shown a knowledge of thug life, and apparently this 16-year old was allowed to embrace it.

Birdwoman
Username: Birdwoman

Post Number: 51
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 6:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard from an officer (in a different city) that it was his understanding that this was not a scuffle. The Oak Park cop was shot in the head, execution-style, and had begged for his life.

English
Username: English

Post Number: 409
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is it, when incidents like this happen:

a) All Detroiters are indicted.
b) All Black people are indicted.

This Black woman who grew up in Detroit from a DPD family had absolutely NOTHING to do with it, and does not condone it. None of my students, kids I mentor, or family members have murdered anyone in cold blood, so I don't have ANY blood on my hands. Please, when displaying your anger about this, refrain from sounding like a white supremacist... unless you *really* want to play the collective blame game. I don't think you want to go there.

As for this kid, yes, he needs to be locked up and face the full consequences of his actions. But this kid is a symptom of a larger problem that isn't just a BLACK American problem, but an AMERICAN problem. And unless & until this nation is ready to accept that, this insanity will spread. Indeed, because it hasn't accepted that we have forgotten the ideals of our founding, it already has.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

English,

Who here said it was a black thing? All I said is that ignorant mother fuckers should not be allowed to have children. If I missed any claiming it was a black thing I apologize and they should be ashamed of themselves. There are useless people in all races.

Blt
Username: Blt

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"blksoul here let me spell this out for you because you are obviously not getting it:

HE KILLED A POLICE OFFICER

There now hopefully you will understand it better. These young black Africans need to take some responsibility in their lives. So don't sit there and try to justify what this punk did. A baby girl will never know her father, but thats ok, because the shooter is black and well, we don't have to take any responsibility or show remorse. He should be flogged and hanged in a public square! EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!"

Scooter2k7, it sounds to me like you'd just love it a little too much to hang this "black African" in the public square. I don't condone cop killing in any way nor do I have any sympathy for this young murderer, but lynching a a black boy in the manner you describe would only incite a race riot. Take a chill pill dude.

Classicyesfan
Username: Classicyesfan

Post Number: 407
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Imagine that a white teen kills a black cop (it does happen...), and the black community calls for the teen to be hung and flogged in public. Imagine the tremendous outrage that would result! The Republican scumbags and the Pat Robertson's of the US would wage a campaign of oppression the likes we haven't seen since Jim Crow days.

If you can't imagine that scenario, try singing "Strange Fruit" and substitute "northern" for "southern". Billie Holiday always said that Detroit was "strange" in it's segregation.

It seems that song is still relevant, not just of historical significance.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1783
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blt, Scooter was just venting his/her disgust. I'm guessing that he/she knows hanging a person in a public place isn't going to change anything.

Meanwhile, let me just say that Blacksoulx usually comes on these type threads with one post just to get these type responses. Notice how he/she will mostly only post one comment with the word Amerikkka in it at least once? What is the word for someone like that? Is it 'troll'? I call it a rabble rouser. Best to ignore and not get pulled into a 'race' thing.

This was a terrible murder. Period. And everyone knows that the perpetrator should be punished fully.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 435
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gumby asked-"Who here said it was a black thing?"

The 26th post of this thread was the FIRST mention of anything to do with it being a Black thing, until then it was just a dumb-ass kid!

And of course it was Blksoul_x who had to inform everyone that,

"Many young Black Africans in amerikkka' grow up fearing the sight and the behavior of a police officer. To be sure, there is a history of systemic abuse and unjust when we speak about the 'police experience' imposing their power toward the Black experience."

What about the Mexican Gang-banger that does the same thing out in L.A., Is he also motivated by your Black experience?

What about the White kid that does the same thing in any main-street USA, What the hell would his motivation be?

Blksoul_x, you are losing your target group, All Black people do not believe as you do! I am sure you are possessed with these thoughts all day long, I just have to wonder how much more effective you could be if you had positive thoughts for all mankind?

you need to start looking at people as a whole and stop attempting to make everything a Black/White issue!

Race has no place in, and cannot be used as an excuse for subjects that are to be decided between Right/Wrong.

I don't give a rats ass what color anyone is, ANYONE that kills someone for any reason other then self-defence, should no longer be allowed to enjoy life in our society!

And if the thought of going to prison don't keep you scared straight, Then how about we set space limits for keeping inmates, If you are sent to prison and there is no room for you, You GET AUTOMATIC DEATH!
Maybe crimes would drop if we would stop sending everyone to the Bed & Breakfast!

Mr So&So, you have been sentenced to prison, What Bailiff, No Vacancy?
Mr So&So, Life terminated, good day!