Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Detroit Pistons 2-0 « Previous Next »
Archive through March 05, 2008Focusonthed30 03-05-08  11:12 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1082
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We were kicking butt at the half. I wake up this morning and we lost.
I am superised this was the only Piston thread, and not posted to since mid March.
I predict Lakers and Celtics in the final, the NBA will help make this happen

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1110
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just read an ESPN article is which the opening line talked about how some of the Pistons players were at the scorers table joking around with former Pistons player Flip Murray, almost acting like this was a preseason game.

I don't know what's wrong with these guys. You'd love to buy the Pistons players for what they're worth and sell them for what they think they're worth, you'd make a fortune. I wonder if the thought that they're not nearly as good as they think they are has ever crossed their mind and made them realize that they need to give maximum effort in the playoffs. Obviously not.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1547
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Pistons clearly didn't come to play for the second half. They got a healthy lead, and kinda gave up. I hope this is a reality check for them, and that it doesn't happen again for the rest of the playoffs.

Tetsua

Post Number: 1553
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back in business. I'm hoping that the first loss will help them help them realize the importance of keeping a chump down.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2316
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Pistons are officially trash.

Maryellen22471
Username: Maryellen22471

Post Number: 136
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this team is a bunch of arrogant fat cats..I do hope they lose and then maybe dumars can get some players and a coach who have some heart and want to win.

(Message edited by maryellen22471 on April 25, 2008)

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 156
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mayor and Maryyellen- I think you're both on point with this Pistons business. The window for this team has closed. Even if they come back and beat the sixters they won't win it. The Pistons are a jump shooting team and you know the saying live by the jump shot...die by the jump shot. Especially against a young athletic team.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 265
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is Saunders last year. He never had control of this team. Dumars MUST and WILL break this team up and it needs to be. If they lose Sunday, it's all over. They were an unacceptable total embarassment tonite. Cheeks outcoached Flub Saunders.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1807
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Disgusting. What an embarrassment.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 158
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Surprisingly I still think the Pistons will win this series but they won't win the East. Going 6 and 7 games in the early rounds comes back to bite you as you get deeper in the playoffs.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 266
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The pistons have the players to win. They must win 3 out of the remaining 4 games. I hope they do, but I have my doubts this time. Phillie is not even a .500 ballclub and have made the pistons look like an under .500 team. Chauncey made a bad mistake saying this game 3 was the elimination game. I think he wanted to fire up the pistons, but instead, he fired up the 76er's

Tetsua

Post Number: 1558
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They weren't even trying for most of the game. It makes you wonder how bad they want it, if a chump team like the Sixers can beat them.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7662
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some credit needs to go to the Sixers as well. They're playing like they want it... and want it BAD.

Detroit's the more talented team but they've got to want it as well. It looks as though the Sixers are moving a bit faster and our outside game is really starting to look weak. On the transition it seems as though Philly is moving the ball up much faster than Detroit.

No panic just yet and if games #1 & #3 aren't serious wake up calls, this doesn't bode well for our lads.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 267
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I say, anything short of the NBA championship that Flub Saunders is gone. The last half of the season was driven by the 2nd string. They made the fat cats get off their butts and play. Flub is choosing not to play but a few 2nd string and only for a few minutes. There will be player changes. The Celtics would sweep this team.

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 392
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't get me wrong, this game was all on the starters, but the Pistons struggle against young, athletic teams and that's why Joe tried to give Saunders some help off the bench. However, Flip clearly has no plan on how to work in the bench despite having all season to prepare. He played them as a unit all season. He still has not evaluated their strengths and weaknesses and decided when to use individuals in given situations. He needed to counter Philly's athleticism quickly with Maxiell and Ratliff in place of Mcdyss and put in Stuckey to give Chauncey a breather when he was struggling. Hunter can be used sparingly, in 3-4 minute bursts to create turnovers. Basically an NBA coach should be able to mix and match and adapt to each game, just as an NHL coach changes lines. Flip is the worst at this.

Tetsua

Post Number: 1575
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pistons against Magic on Saturday, any predictions?

Smogboy

Post Number: 7763
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it me or does Van Gundy look like Ron Jeremy's little brother?

And yes, I predict the Pistons in five.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 339
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was just posted in the Freep. The Magic fans are going to be wearing Sheed masks. This should be pretty funny.
http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20080507/SPORTS0 3/80507031

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 431
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Magic fans are pretty laid back. There were a lot of empty seats in their series against the Raptors. I think Sheed will enjoy this more than the Orlando fans.

Zitro

Post Number: 340
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's what I'm thinking. It reminds me of Lambeer getting into people's heads and taking them right out of their game.

Focusonthed

Post Number: 1822
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you kidding me? Talk about backfire. Sheed's gonna love that.

Zitro

Post Number: 343
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It plays right into his wheelhouse

Focusonthed

Post Number: 1825
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, didn't see that one coming. I figured they'd lose this game, but not by 25, and not also losing Billups...

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 397
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ever hear a V-6 run without spark in one of the cylinders? No Billups. No Championship.

Tetsua

Post Number: 1592
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice to see Tay and Rip step up the way they did. For the most part it looked like Tay stepped into Chauncey's role calling the shots each time down the floor. Stuckey still has much to learn, but he did alright.

7andkelly

Post Number: 470
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

D E T R O I T B A S K E T B A L L !

Whew! Pistons Win!

Now Chauncey can get some more rest.

My vote is to play the Cavs next. They can't run with us this year. But we can beat the Celts if necessary. They've shown their vulnerabilities this playoff season too.

Tetsua

Post Number: 1594
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boston isn't well rounded enough to pay attention to (What would happen to THEIR team if Garnett got hurt) in my opinion, and Cleveland is a 1 man team. Wake me when we're in the finals.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 217
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Pistons are on a roll...I hope they don't get rusty with the long possible upcoming lay-over. I think the Cavs and Celtics are gonna go seven.

Stuckey has definitely stepped it up a bit. Rip Hamilton has been amazing...playing like a MVP.

I am now satisfied with the Pistons...even if they don't go any further toward the NBA championship. This is what I expected.

blksoul_atcha!

Smogboy

Post Number: 7814
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Huge condolences to Antonio McDyess for losing his grandmother just prior to the game too. I don't know how one can play with such a heavy heart but obviously he did.

Nice effort on the part of the Pistons to eliminate the pesky Magic.

7andkelly

Post Number: 482
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MGRHDS.

Bucho
Username: Bucho

Post Number: 346
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about Tay playing like an MVP? Another wicked block, his shooting % is almost 60% and did well in filling in at times for Chaunce in a point-forward role...

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5789
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn talk about a 180 from the beginning of the post season. I never had any doubts about the Pistons unlike some of the comments I have read about about them way back in the Philly series...

(Message edited by Detroit_stylin on May 15, 2008)

20043_stotter

Post Number: 312
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Geez, I can't figure these pistons out. They don't always want to play. They had a real chance to take over the series, and didn't want it. Boston played great and that's the only way they can beat Detroit. Chauncy 4 pts, Prince 4 pts. WOW!. They are not out of it, but they sure make it hard on themselves. They did not move the ball around and relied on jumpshots again.

Tetsua

Post Number: 1625
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They can really go on some amazing scoring droughts. That and the lack of defensive rebounding is what lost this game.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 314
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chauncey is hurt and that's why Stuckey had more minutes than Billups. It's probable that we will lose the next 2 and be eliminated.

Mikea
Username: Mikea

Post Number: 63
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I expect the Pistons to win tonight. This team is so Jekyll and Hyde, as a diehard fan you are just used to it by now. You don't like it, you are sick of it but that is what they are. This has happened plenty of times the past few playoff runs where they win a big road game, seem to have all the momentum then come home and drop a terrible performance on the court.
I feel they'll win tonight but can't see them taking 3 of 4 from Boston at this point. The NBA wants a Lakers-Celtics Finals too bad to allow that.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 315
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Geez, they had a chance to take 2 at home and lead the series 3 to 1. What did they do? Blew it. I hope they will win tonite.

Tetsua

Post Number: 1630
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McDyess needs to sit his tired self on the bench, he's so sluggish on the defensive rebound. That's a big way that the Pistons got killed last game. No hustle. I know most wont agree, but I'd rather see Maxiell start just to see his energy.

Tetsua

Post Number: 1632
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Game 4 looked much better, Sheed didn't attempt one 3pt shot. Instead he was pulling down boards the way he should've been doing all along.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 627
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

McDyess needs to sit his tired self on the bench

Or maybe not:
34 minutes, 21 points and 16 boards

Tetsua

Post Number: 1633
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not ready to eat my words yet, I want to see a consistent effort out of him. :-)

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 926
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pistons are Jekyll and Hide...

Tetsua

Post Number: 1642
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think in the long run (like tonight) the pressure might be too much for the Celtics. Too many long series for this team, it's gotta be wearing on their mental states. Plus this time they're actually playing a playoff team this time. I'm hoping the Pistons can take the next 2.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 321
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with you, Tetsua.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 935
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the Pistons can make open jumpers the Celts are in trouble. I hope we win tonight.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.