Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » A pragmatic thought... why white people are addicted to our Mayors issues? « Previous Next »
Archive through October 30, 2008Gnome30 10-30-08  4:02 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 3176
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL! Way to go for debunking Black Soul's baseless, one-sided racist commentary.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 520
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, that was brilliant!

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2742
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome_atcha!

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 364
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, You the MAN.
Marge and I are cracking up over your response.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 554
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I usually am open minded about what BSX says, but this is his interpretation of life through a broken window that looks into the past. I agree we should never forget our past, but KK is not the best example to launch a platform on. There is no correlation. KK fooled many Whites and Blacks even in his own administration, he was a wolf in sheeps clothing plain and simple. He had all the credentials to be a great politician. Detroit and the suburbs had his back, but now that is over.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2874
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bs_x writes a lot of stuff into which I do not buy, but still, Bs_x puts a lot of energy into these posts, and I believe I would be on the winning end of any bet where I wager that Bs_x cares a lot more about Black Americans than does Kwame Kilpatrick.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 766
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah..they say Hitler liked puppies, too.
Didn't change the fact that he was a racist POS, did it?

Ravine

Post Number: 2877
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, no, but I'm just pointing out that, no matter what reaction I may have to what Bs_x writes, I can respect the fact that Bs_x doesn't worry about political correctness, and does not run his (her?) posts through a pasteurizer before firing them off.
I really think Bs_x's head is in the wrong place, most of the time, but that is a separate issue. Kwame Kilpatrick is all about Kwame Kilpatrick. Bs_x has nothing material to personally gain by logging on, here, and pissing off almost everyone, so I tend to figure that Bs_x means what Bs_x writes, and that doing so means something to Bs_x.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2742
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so honesty doesn't matter today. just hype.
ow well,
I feel sorry for the future generations.

Zrx_doug

Post Number: 771
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nah..BSX is a troll, plain & simple.
Getting a rise out of people is what gets him off.
Ever moderate a message board, Ravine?
I've moderated a few of 'em, and they ALL have their version of BSX..what they're saying doesn't matter to them nearly so much as the reaction they can get out of other folks.

Ravine

Post Number: 2881
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, you may have a point, there, Zrx.
I tend to overlook the possibility that "getting a rise out of" folks in an internet forum could actually constitute a Meaningful Experience for some other folks.
But, I'm going to give Bs_x the benefit of the doubt, since I have known Bs_x to log in with Detroit Lions-related posts which are totally innocuous and non-inflammatory.

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 625
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why are Detroit black people addicted to bad black politicians? I think that's a more appropriate question.

"Special K" is a crook, and an arrogant crook at that! Even if he were white or Asian...he'd still be a crook. Why can't you grasp that simple fact?

Ltorivia485

Post Number: 3181
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

White people did not create racism. It was white people who freed African-Americans from slavery.

The rich and powerful created racism so that the weak, poor, savage and undesirable could fight each other while the elite continued to make money.

Blacksoul, quit your rants. They are wrong and biased.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 384
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I usually have much to say in terms of educating people on race issues in terms of the Black experience, but as for your comment, especially coming from a sista', is very disturbing.

Perhaps you have been brainwashed or you are one of the 'mis-educated' people to Carter G. Woodson speaks about.

Lets kick the ballistics...

Yes, 'technically' you are right? 'Technically' white amerikkkans' did not alone create racism, and 'technically' white people freed African slaves.

However, if you are going be 'technical', you have to be inexhaustibly 'technical', so then, we should understand how, even if white people are not the sole possessors of racism,(then to, if we trace the true definition of race, it has nothing to do with man at all), they certainly circumscribed racism and used it to their advantage to gain power, wealth, resources, monopolies, and institutions in amerikkka and abroad!

Also, even though white people who were in control and responsible for slavery help to de-legalize slavery and many defacto laws, many Africans died, and suffered generational scares from the trauma of the abuse from slavery and all the pejoratives attached to it.

Please sista' you are making me cry in sadness, please learn your History!

To you my sista', I suggest a few scholarly works...

'The Destruction of Black Civilization', Great issues of Race from 4500 B.C. to 2000 A.D.
by Chancellor Williams.

This is a comprehensive analysis and a very perceptive on-look about the relevant happenings of our past and present condition as a people.

'The African Slave Trade' by Basil Davidson.

This work is complete with detail memoirs and research about the slave-trade myths and illusion and speaks directly to the truth of the largest force migration in the history of mankind.

Peace and love to you sista!

blksoul_atcha!
Obama o8'

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 159
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blah, Blah, Blah...more of the same. Peace and Love? what a joke.

Ltorivia485

Post Number: 3182
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL LOL LOL

Blacksoul, you are a lost cause. Yes, black people suffered tremendously during slavery. But God had special plans for African Americans. Look at the contributions African Americans have brought into this world? It spans from inventions to human rights to musical genres. We even became more educated and spiritual (although that spirituality is certainly lacking today in the black community).

Again, white people are not the enemy. The elites control this nation. The only sucker in this forum is you, Blacksoul.

Zrx_doug

Post Number: 775
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell, this asshole's been spouting racist hate-speak as long as I've been visiting this site.
What's it take to get banned around here, anyway?

Ltorivia485

Post Number: 3183
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's worse than Rasputin (the regulars know who he is.)

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 657
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll second Zrx_doug's comments Lowell.

I am embarrassed and offended by the way you allow racial slurs to fly from this particular poster day in - day out. His contributions bring nothing to this forum remotely close to intelligent, informative dialogue. they only bring hate.

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 327
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I, too, have wondered why Mr. Blksoul_x is allowed to continue to post when he so clearly violates the forum rules, an excerpt of which is that "entries that are abusive, off subject, silly, containing personal attacks, name-calling, threats, libels, illegal activities, or hate group messages will be removed without notice or explanation upon discovery."

I believe a forumer would need to lodge a complaint on the Moderator Contact page.

I don't feel I have learned anything from Mr. Blksoul_x, even after 380+ posts. The "basic white people" term is hurtful. Maybe enough is enough.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 287
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meh, if you don't like what he posts, then don't read it. I don't read much of what he has to say, I skip over it.

In comparing this thread to other posts, I'd say this one could be considered less offensive then usual.

Also, from reading this thread, it seems that Blksoul has softened his stance a bit:

*He answered my questions, at least he tried, which is a first

*He gave a vague reasoning for the "basic white people" thing, first time I've ever seen that

*He admits that not only white people can be racist

Hey, I think were making some progress here.

(Message edited by thames on November 03, 2008)

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 328
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Progress is good. I will back off for now, and keep listening. Thanks.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 330
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 5:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yawn.

Lefty2

Post Number: 2825
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe some liberal book publisher will buy our rantings.

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 225
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 3:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to get published.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7909
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great comment blksoul_x,

Your comments are a resurrection to decode the Caucasian American matrix of society.

My Afro-American brothers and sisters. Now we have a Afro-American president. It's time for us to be resurrected and take over this nation and everything back the way it was. Starting the concept of FREEDOM as an ideal and not a product.

Tkshreve

Post Number: 668
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny,

You couldn't take over a teeter-totter your twin brother, let alone the nation. If it is equality in life you desire, you sure have a distorted way of phrasing it.

Detourdetroit
Username: Detourdetroit

Post Number: 420
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just think some people need a good noogie or wet willy once in a while...

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1576
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny...the same way 95% of african-americans voted for a ban of marriage between homosexual couples?

Gotta love that freedom

Ravine

Post Number: 2895
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Your comments are a resurrection to decode the Caucasian American matrix of society."

Please see my post #2893 on the "Words & Phrases To Eliminate" thread.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 293
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny wrote: "My Afro-American brothers and sisters. Now we have a Afro-American president. It's time for us to be resurrected and take over this nation and everything back the way it was. Starting the concept of FREEDOM as an ideal and not a product."

Why in the world would you want "everything back to the way it was", Danny?

Lefty2

Post Number: 2956
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Crosswordgirl
I think BS-x is white since he knows SO much about white people...."

I think blksoul_x went to Cranbrook by his writing, or is Cornel West? haha

Tkshreve

Post Number: 682
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and he played "Left-Out" in Baseball at the sandlot......

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: