Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Psip Passes Away « Previous Next »
Archive through August 19, 2007Fareastsider30 08-19-07  10:35 am
Archive through August 19, 2007Gargoyle30 08-19-07  9:13 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 619
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My condolences to you and your family Hornwrecker.

May you rest with God, Psip.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5741
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another loss for our little Detroit community here online as it is in person. My sincere condolences.

Jimg
Username: Jimg

Post Number: 908
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What Psip did was special. Documenting and preserving our history is a special calling, sure ain't much (if any) money to be made from it. Once you're chosen, documenting/preserving becomes organic, like eating and breathing. I appreciated his offerings.
I wish I'd met him in real life.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 115
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My condolences to the family.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1303
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My deepest sympathizes to Hornwrecker and Psip's family. He was a great guy and will be missed.

Caldog
Username: Caldog

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rest In Peace

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 412
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry to hear...
keep your chin up.

Jtw
Username: Jtw

Post Number: 153
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

always sad to hear of the passing of someone close to so many... he will certainly be missed around here, and i wish the best to hornwrecker and his family.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5137
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, he was always a class act... my condolences to you and your family Hornwrecker!

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 651
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A few thoughts, if you don't mind the intrusion:

Since my first log-on here, I have appreciated those few people who have contributed informative or thought-provoking items to this blog. There is always a sadness among a community when, as we said in the ham radio days (Jimaz is familiar), a key goes silent.

Troublesome is the knowledge that the two among us who've most recently passed, Itsjeff and now Psip, went well before their time. Both had more to contribute and discuss.

Eternal rest to both. The burden is on all those who remain to continue to contribute to the community's body of knowledge. I will, in my feeble way, try my best.

Sad day for Detroit and this blog.

Professor Scott

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we are an enriched community because of psip's personality and contributions. his work and spirit live on, even though his time on earth has passed. hornwrecker, i'm sure you take great pride in your brother, and rightfully so.

God's blessings to the family and friends of such a wonderful character!

Tammypio
Username: Tammypio

Post Number: 146
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 7:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am quite saddened to hear of the loss of another DetroitYes forumer. Both of them way too young to go. My condolences to the family and friends of Zen and Hornwrecker.

Tammy

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1597
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow another great loss. I too met Zen (Psip) due to the unfortunate passing of Jeff. I gave him a ride down to the FSC after Jeff's passing. Never met him before but the ride down was very entertaining. The man had some great stories. He will be missed. My condolences to Hornwrecker and the rest of his family.

Lmr
Username: Lmr

Post Number: 93
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I enjoyed Psip's posts on this forum. My condolences. Rest in peace, Psip.

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 78
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is very sad news, my condolences to Hornwrecker and family, his posts will be missed.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2355
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My condolences to you, Hornwrecker, and your family.

Tony_pieroni
Username: Tony_pieroni

Post Number: 34
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I neither knew Psip except through his comments on the forum, nor spoke with him.

However, he was kind enough to send me, through another on this forum, a film clip of the Michigan Theater. A very thoughtful man, indeed.

May he rest in peace.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Having had the pleasure of sitting in Bob's (Hornwrecker) basement and sharing a beer with Bob and Zen were good times. Zen enjoyed organ music, trains, and was a genius with electronics.

Condolences to my best friend Bob and his lovely mother, Irene.

Hornist9

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3454
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My favorite memory of Zen was watching him roll his own cigarettes at the Fox & Hounds after ItsJeff's funeral.

Zen's resume for those who weren't familiar with his work: http://www.waltermediaworks.co m/policies.htm

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1883
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the condolences, emails, and kind words from everyone, about my brother. This was totally unexpected and it's taken awhile to get used to it.

Here's a photo of Zen from a couple of years ago.

The obituary will be in tomorrow's paper.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1445
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So sad. My condolences.

Wabashrr1
Username: Wabashrr1

Post Number: 209
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RIP.. All I can say is that. Only new Psip through his posts here. Glad for the short time I enjoyed reading him. Stay well Hornwrecker.. The place needs people like you to hang around..

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 248
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Hornwrecker,

I never knew your brother other than by his posts but, like itsjeff, he was a friend I never met. Rest assured that he will always be with you in spirit and that, thanks to archives, he will always live on here at DYes.

I wish you and your family comfort and peace.

Stryker81
Username: Stryker81

Post Number: 56
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sincerest condolences. Rest in peace.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psip was always an enjoyable and friendly read; absolutely a good person.

Rest in peace.

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 80
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bob (Hornwrecker), thanks for posting the picture of Zen. As soon as I seen it I remembered meeting him one Thursday at Detroit Beer Company, he was one of the friendliest people I meet and he will truly be missed by many.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 796
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My deepest sympathy to family and friends.

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zen Losin

Zen W. Losin
Age 56. August 17, 2007. Beloved son of Irene and the late Zenon S. Losin. Dearest brother of Bob Losin. Also survived by many loving relatives and friends. Visitation Wednesday 3-9 p.m. at the D.S. Temrowski & Sons Funeral Home, 30009 Hoover Road at Common (12 ½ Mile). Funeral Services will be held Thursday 12 Noon at the Funeral Home.

Savannahsmiles
Username: Savannahsmiles

Post Number: 66
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So sorry to hear this. My heart and prayers go out to his family.

Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1884
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is an error in the obit: there is no service at noon on Thursday, there will be a small one Wed. evening. So if you're planning to be there that day...

Other than that, everything else is right. Thanks for posting that Mike.

I've been trying to think of a charity to make a donation to, since flowers aren't desired. Maybe make a small donation to WRCJ, to help keep them on the air, in Zen's name.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2439
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bob: What time is the service on Wednesday evening? I'd like to be there.

Kathleen

Gtat44
Username: Gtat44

Post Number: 153
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RIP PSIP
Detroit forum has your family in our prayers.
G

Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1885
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll check on the time. Something evening-ish?

The link for WRCJ donations is:

http://www.wrcj909fm.org/suppo rtwrcj.htm

(Message edited by Hornwrecker on August 21, 2007)

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 458
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My condolences. Wish I could have met the man.

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 1090
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The service for Zen will be held at the funeral home on Wednesday evening at 8:00 PM.

Here is Zen's complete obituary along with the visitation times and location information.

Bob_cosgrove
Username: Bob_cosgrove

Post Number: 570
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never met Zen, but we chatted on the telephone a few times and I looked forward to meeting him.

Unfortunately, the good die too soon.

My sincere condolences to his family.

Bob Cosgrove

Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1886
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're going to try to push the service forward to 7:30, as Mom thinks 8 is too late. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone, but as you know, what your mother wants...

English
Username: English

Post Number: 564
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rest in peace, Psip. :-(

Carolcb
Username: Carolcb

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hornwrecker, again, sincere thoughts for you and your family.

I feel the same when I see both Psips and ItJeff's photos - I feel like I really knew them -of course, I only 'knew' them here.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.